Virtual Annual Family Conference
November 30 – December 4th, 2020
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR EVENTS REQUIRING SUPPLIES.
NHFNV’s Virtual Annual Family Conference this year will be a very interactive, full of education, fun activities and live zoom sessions event! The idea behind hosting a 5-day virtual event is that families can have the option of joining the sessions live or watch them after at their own time. Complete the fun family challenges and share pictures with us. We have a great mix of Adult sessions in English and Spanish, a teen paint party and even a live cooking hour for the whole family!
Let’s get started!
How to get the most out of the Annual Meeting:
- Join the Facebook Group for live updates and to share pics of your family challenges: Facebook Page
- Visit this page for a full conference agenda, links to live meetings, and recorded sessions.
Programs offered live during times listed below. Links to join programs will be emailed to all registered attendees. Recording of programs will be posted on this page and in the Facebook group. Households must attend at least two sessions to be eligible for gifts. Late Registrations accepted for the events indicated below.
- Monday 11/30 - 6-7 pm: Family Connections Session - Craft Night! Hosted by HTCNV. Join us for our Event Week kick off! We will be doing the box reveal and fun activity!
- Tuesday 12/1 - 6-7:30 pm: Tuesday's Education Sessions
- Education Session: Teen Program – Bob Ross Paint Party (Open to 13-18-year-old)
- Education Session: Independence & Management (Open to all ages) * Late Registrations Accepted.
- Wednesday 12/2 - 6-7 pm: Family Connections Session: Cooking Class. Hosted by Novo Nordisk. Learn a new recipe and follow along at home with Heather Barton for some home cooking fun! Shopping list to be sent to all registered attendees.
- Thursday 12/3 - 6-7:30 pm: Thursday's Education Sessions
- Education Session: (English) Talking About What Isn't Talked About (All Ages) * Late Registrations Accepted
- Education Sessions: (Espanol) Hablando de lo que no se habla * Late Registrations Accepted
- Friday 12/4 - 6 - 8 pm: Final Night Event: *Attendance & Participation Required to be eligible for gifts.
Join us for an excited final night event featured Bingo Hosted by Takeda, chances to win prizes, visit sponsor virtual booths, and connect with your bleeding disorders family from across the state!
At-Home Family Challenges
Household receives one raffle ticket for every challenge completed. Two challenges required to be eligible for Gifts. Visit the Event Facebook Group for fun videos introducing the challenges posted daily!
- Monday: Help us reach our Giving Tuesday Goal by making an early gift of any amount!
- Tuesday: Holiday Centerpiece Contest. Submit a picture of your family and your centerpiece.
- Wednesday: All Hands In Activity. Submit a picture of your family and your artwork. Details to be posted in the Facebook group and emailed to all registered attendees.
- Thursday: Family Ugly Sweater Challenge. Submit a picture of your family posing in their most funny, awkward or weird holiday gear.
The Good Stuff - Event Incentives:
Families will be eligible for a “Family Fun Holiday Gift Pack” including tickets or gift card for a holiday themed family outing, Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Kit, and a gift for every child in the household that is registered by 11/15/2020.
Here is how to qualify:
- A member of the household attends at least two education sessions and completes the post session survey*
- The Households completes at least two-family challenges and shares pictures with the NHFNV team**
- At the Final Night Event on Friday 12/4 visit all the sponsor virtual booths and get the “Sponsor Word”
*Attendance includes attending a live session or watching a pre-recorded session. To be eligible the post session survey (one per household) must be completed by 12/5/2020.
**Completion includes household members participating in the live family connections session or submitting a picture of the family doing the challenge.
We also have some amazing participation raffles for families that participate in the sessions and complete the surveys and families that share a picture of their household doing the family challenges. Raffles prizes include: an Insta Pot, a heated at home foot spa, a Ring doorbell w/echo dot, and two 3rd gen echo dots.
Some more good information to read:
- Supplies for the sessions will be mailed to your house. All attendees must be registered by 11/15 so that we have time to order enough supplies and ship them to your house in time.
- Education Sessions will be recorded and posted in the event Facebook group and event website by the following morning for on-demand viewing. On demand viewing attendance will be tracked. All live and on-demand attendees must complete the post event survey for credit.
- Surveys, pictures, and submissions must be in by Saturday 12/5 at 5 pm to be eligible for the Family Fun Holiday Gift Pack and any prizes.
- Family Fun Holiday Gift Packs including Toys will be available for pick-up at a drive-through “Santa’s Workshop.” Details will be shared with all eligible households. Be sure to meet the requirements to be eligible for your gift pack and toys.