Online Programs: Serving Our Community In New Ways
The COVID-19 Outbreak has placed the bleeding disorders community in uncharted waters. Now more than ever we must find ways to stay connected. In response, the Nevada Chapter has developed a series of web-based opportunities to reduce isolation, share information, and build a sense of connection. We encourage our bleeding disorders community to take advantage of these new ways to access our programs as we all practice social distancing and stay home for Nevada.
Education dinners you can do from the comfort of your home. Bonus - Everyone who is logged in and participates for the full program will get an Uber Eats Gift Card for a family meal.
- Thursday April 16th 6 pm - 7 pm: My Journey to Jivi. Bayer Hemophilia A Product Program – April 16th: Moved to web based educational opportunity you can do from home! Now open to entire state for those affected by Hemophilia A. Hear an inspiring first hand story from a patient caregiver about their experience with Jivi. Register online to receive login instructions.
- Wednesday May 13 TBD: Education Dinner topic to be determined. More details to come soon.
- Tuesday May 19 TBD: Ladies Night Out - Finding Your Voice. A journey in finding the courage and tools to make your needs heard.
Themed Thursday Happy Hours:
Grab your cup of tea or beverage of choice and join us online to chat, see familiar faces, and feel connected.
- Thursday April 16th 4 pm - 5 pm: Theme - Teen Time: Netflix, Chill & Chat: Watch Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and chat through Netflix Party. Register online to receive login instructions.
- Thursday April 23rd 4 pm - 5 pm: Theme - Ladies Chat
- Thursday April 30th 4 pm - 5 pm: Theme TBD
Virtual Youth Programs
Break the boredom and stay connected! Virtual programs specifically designed for a youth audience with engaging at-home activities and online interactions.
- Wednesday April 22nd 2 pm - 4 pm: Teen Gut Monkey Experience: Calling all Teens! We are partnering with Gut Monkey to bring you a creative, virtual meeting. You will have the chance to speak to other teens and to participate in unique virtual challenges. Open to young people with bleeding disorders and their siblings ages 13-18. Register online to receive login instructions. Open to first 15 registrants.
- June 8th - 12th: Virtual Hemophilia Camp: Campers with completed Camp Independent Firefly Applications will receive an invite for Virtual Hemophilia Camp. More details will be shared with camp families by April 30th.
Technology: All of our online programs are offered over Zoom. It is a free service with a downloadable app for your smart phone, tablet or you can go online. All sessions have video chat options - which we encourage because seeing familiar faces (other than the ones you're stuck at home with) can help reduce isolation and increase your mental health.
How do I login? Register for events just like you would for an in-person event under the Events Calendar. Login info will be sent to all registered attendees the day before the web-program.