NHF Nevada Academic 2017 Scholarship Application
The Nevada Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation’s (NHF Nevada) Academic Scholarship Program was started through the generous contributions of a local family and medical provider. The scholarships are available to anyone living in Nevada with an inherited bleeding disorder. The applicant must be in the process of seeking a post-secondary education, which can include a college or university, or a trade school.
NHF Nevada provides scholarships annually in the amounts of $250 - $1,000. Students may reapply each year as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria. NHF Nevada will take a number of factors into consideration when determining the award winners including academic merit, leadership qualities, narrative and reference letters, financial need, and impact of bleeding disorder on educational activities. Awarded scholarship monies cannot be distributed directly to an individual; if awarded, the NHF Nevada staff will work with the award recipient(s) to process the scholarship funds.
The applications can be submitted online and must be complete by April 1, 2017-no exceptions. Applications completed by anyone other than the applicant will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The recipients of the scholarship monies will be notified after May 1, 2017. In an effort to ensure confidentiality, applications will be seen by the NHF Nevada staff and scholarship committee only.
Important application details:
- Please complete the following application no later than April 1, 2017.
- This form cannot be saved so it must be completed in one session or download the application and mail it in.
- Please mail any additional documents to the address below, additional documents must be postmarked by April 1, 2017.
Attn: Academic Scholarship Program
7473 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Ste 100
Las Vegas, NV 89128
- Preference will be given to those individuals who have not previously received academic scholarship funding.
- We will be contacting selected recipients after May 1, 2017 with final decisions for conference attendees receiving funds.
NHF Nevada Scholarship Application Checklist:
- Completed Application
- Letters of recommendation in an enclosed envelope (2)
- Copy of acceptance letter from college/university (incoming freshman only)
- High school/college/university transcript (unofficial)
- Copy of standardized test scores (optional)
You can download the application and print it out or fill it out below.