NHFNV COVID-19 Updates
Communications on COVID-19
- March 13 Letter to the Community & Supporters: Announcing no in-person events through the end of April
- March 16 Event Status Update: Announcing status of specific events March - May
- March 17 Update from HTCNV: Announcing operating hours during COVID 19
- April 10 Event Status Update: Announcing no in-person events through the end of June
Resources and Information
- Laid Off? Losing your Insurance Benefits? Take these steps now.
- Special Enrollment Period for Health Insurance in Nevada OPEN NOW until April 15th
- Elko COVID-19 Hotline
- Student Food Distribution Sites:
- Filing for Nevada Unemployment
- Utilities temporarily suspending disconnections for non-payment
- How to make a face mask
- At Home Activities
- Red Tie Worksheets: Have your student learn about bleeding disorders with this fun page set
- Las Vegas Coloring Pages: Grab your crayons and colored pencils and color these Las Vegas themed pages
- Virtual Tours of 22 museums, zoos & galleries: Disneyland, the MOMA, Natural History Museum, & MORE From Insider
- Virtual Tour of SeaQuest: The Interactive aquarium is hosting virtual field trips, updated weekly
- The Mob Museum. Download the app for either Android or iPhone and experience Las Vegas history
- Virtual Tour of Yellowstone National Park
- Explore the Surface of Mars: recorded by NASA's Curiosity Rover
- Monterrey Bay Aquarium Live Cams: enjoy live cams of birds, coral reefs, jellyfish & more!
Updated April 10th, 2020
Dear Friends, Community Members & Supporters,
The Nevada Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation’s first priority is the health and safety of our community. We have been carefully monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak. Because it is now considered a major health threat we will not be holding in-person events now through the end of April. We are working as quickly as we can to determine what will be cancelled, rescheduled and moved online. We will issue further communication in the coming days on the specifics for each event.
As announcements are made, we will continue to communicate with you via email, social media and on our website under News & Events.
We are here for our community. Our 2nd priority is to continue to be a resource for the bleeding disorders community, especially now. While the nature of our programs may adjust, we will continue to provide web-based and mailed education, financial assistance, bleeding disorders information and remain in regular communication throughout the outbreak. Thank you to everyone who has participated and supported our web-based learning and peer support opportunities over the past month. We encourage our community to take advantage of our online programs.
We need our supporters now more than ever. As all of Nevada feels the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak, we know that our bleeding disorders families will need the support, assistance, and resources offered by the Chapter. We need our supporters to help us continue to serve them during this time of crisis. We anticipate an increase of financial assistance requests as families feel the effects of reduced work and pay. We ask for your continued partnership to help our community weather the outbreak.
What to expect from NHFNV.
Communication: The Nevada Chapter Team will continue to be available by text, phone, and email during the hours of 10 am – 4 pm M-F, although our physical office may not be continually open. You can continue to expect a 2-3 business day response time from staff on non-urgent questions.
Expedited Financial Assistance: All Financial Assistance Requests will be expediated with a goal of processing within five business days of receipt of application through June 30th.
Continual Updates: We will continually communicate information and updates to the bleeding disorders community through email, social media, texting, and our website under News & Events.
Donor Commitments: We will be in direct communication with donors and sponsors of specific programs that need to be adjusted. We are committed to meeting our donor expectations as best we can within this unexpected situation.
Status of Upcoming Events.
Here is the status of our scheduled programs through the end of May. Updates and changes will be emailed and posted on our website.
- Junior Counselor Training – March 21: Cancelled. Junior Counselors will receive information by the end of March on rescheduling or alternate training/interview opportunities.
- Spring Education Fest – March 28: Moved to web based educational opportunity you can do from home - Now open to entire state!
SPRING FEST WEB-CONFERENCE
9:30 am – 11:30 am, Saturday, March 28th
Virtually attend from any smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer!
Register at www.hfnv.org to get login information.
Participants who complete the full web-conference and survey will receive a goody box mailed to your house, family prize, and be eligible to win additional prizes and incentives.
- Bayer Hemophilia A Education Dinner – April 16th: Moved to web based educational opportunity you can do from home! Now open to entire state for those affected by Hemophilia A.
- Latinos Unidos Hispanic Conference – April 25th: Rescheduled to July 11 at Texas Station.
- Golf Gets In Your Blood – May 2nd: Cancelled. Cancelling the event will have a significant financial impact on the Nevada Chapter, however we feel it is irresponsible to continue with this event at this time. We are encouraging all of our golf supporters to consider donating to the Unite Walk Program or forming a walk team.
- Reno Education Dinner – May 13th: Moved to web-based education opportunity, now open to the entire state. Register at www.hfnv.org to receive login information.
- Ladies Night Out - May 19: Moved to online experience.
- Camp Independent Firefly – June 9-13th: Moved to a virtual experience for youth. Campers with completed applications as of 4/10 will receive further information by 4/30.
- Couples Dinner - June 27: Cancelled.
All events scheduled after July 1st are continuing as scheduled at this time.
NHFNV Office Hours: Due to the closing of Nevada K-12 Schools and the Governor's Stay at Home Directive, the Nevada Chapter staff will be working from home until April 30th. We will continue to be accessible during the hours of 10 am – 4 pm M-F via phone and email, and Chapter operations will continue.
We appreciate your understanding during this time and will be in touch with future announcements in the coming days.
Betsy, Maureen & Kaley